Entrepreneurship represents the heartbeat of the bhive EDC and as such it provides young entrepreneurs with the necessary skills and business support to harness their skill and build their own support network. The annual Student Business Competition offers students to become future employers and henceforth job creators by embracing the value of entrepreneurship as a career choice.
- The competition runs over a period of two semesters to allow participants sufficient time to work on their business pitch whilst benefitting from several workshops aimed at strengthening both the academic and practical understanding of entrepreneurship.
- One of the on-Campus partners closely involved with the Student Business Competition is the student affiliated body, Young Entrepreneur Business Organisation – or YEBO as it is better known.
- As an affiliated body to the Campus’s Student Representative Council, YEBO aims to improve entrepreneurship awareness among students and by doing so influence young people – especially university graduates, into having a positive outlook on business ownership.
- Apart from marketing the Student Business Competition amongst their peers and presenting several workshops, the team from YEBO is also pro-actively working towards finding a solution – in the form of entrepreneurship, for graduate unemployment.
- The competition will be decided over several rounds during which the participants have the opportunity to view their scorecards in order for them to monitor their performance. The final round will see the top five entrepreneurs competing for a place on the winners’ podium.
- Each participant will be assigned a mentor to coach him/her during the course of the competition. These mentors are all knowledgeable experts in their respective fields of focus and will add value to the existing body of knowledge in terms of entrepreneurship.
Please refer to out facebook page for competition dates. All applications should be completed online at http://www.applications.incubatorportal.com. Follow instructions and complete all the fields required. Our YEBO society will gladly assist you in completing your online application. Please visit them in Building 3 Office 206.
For more information
Tel: +27 (0) 16 910 3373