The School of Business & Governance realises that an organisation cannot operate in isolation of its environment. Therefore, we strive to help uplift our community by providing courses on current issues such as HIV and AIDS for our business leaders. Furthermore, we implement our expertise in local businesses through our MBA syndicate groups to help them grow and to provide our students with practical hands-on experience.
Our social responsibility component includes the following:
1. HIV and AIDS courses for business leaders: A policy skills builder course.
2. Involvement in informal sector businesses and training.
3. Formal visits of MBA syndicate group students to community businesses.
4. Consultation and drafting of business plans for informal sector businesses.
5. Project Management for unemployed people.
6. Golf day in favour of the Heart Foundation.
7. Cancer in the Workplace Symposia.
8. Vice Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Community Engagement.
9. 5th Cancer Symposium / 5de Kankersimposium.
10. ŉ Oggend van Hoop – Cansa-projek. (6de).
11. Operations Management Community Projects.
12. The Cansa Project 2017 focuses on women. This project is one of the Business School projects in partnership with Tina Scholtz Academy and Cansa.
13. Entrepreneurial project: Play Your Part by Brand SA.