International conference papers
1. Blaauw, D., Botha, I. & Schenck, R. 2018. The (subjective) well-being of day labourers in South Africa: The role of income and geographical location. Paper presented at the Scottish Economic Society Annual Conference, Perth, Scotland, 15-17 April.
1. Radley, A.J., Cloete, P.C. & Kleynhans, E.P.J. 2017. Strategies implemented by South African agribusinesses to optimize profitability and growth. Presented at the IFAMA World Conference. Miami, Florida, 18-21 June.
2. Spies, D.C. and Idsardi, E.F. 2017. Performance and marketing options for informal cattle producers in the Eastern Cape Province of South Africa. Paper presented at the 21st conference of the International Farm Management Association (IFMA) in Edinburgh, Scotland 2-7 July.
3. Van der Merwe, J.D. and Cloete, P.C. 2017. Financial impact of wheat quality standards on South African wheat producers: A DLP approach. Presented at the International Farm Management Congress (IFMA), Edinburgh, United Kingdom, 2-7 July.
1. Grater, S. 2017. 'Services, inclusiveness, SMEs and the SDGs. Paper presented at the ICTSD & Trade Mark East Africa Conference on Leveraging services and digital potential for inclusive economic growth. Nairobi, Kenya, 25-26 January. (Presentation)
2. Cuyvers, L., Pupphavesa, W., Steenkamp, E.A. & Viviers, W. 2017. Thailand's export opportunities in the European Union: An analysis of DSM results. Paper presented at the National Institute of Development Administration's (NIDA) International Business Conference: Innovative Management. Bangkok, Thailand, 4 March.
3. Grater, S., Parry, A. & Viviers, W., 2017. Realising the potential of services SMEs in developing economies. Paper presented at the ICTSD Conference on Leveraging services and digital potential of inclusive economic growth. Stellenbosch, South Africa, 22-23 March.
4. Kuhn, ML. 2017. Setting South Africa’s trade policy priorities for the global digital and services economy. Paper presented at the ICTSD Conference on Leveraging services and digital potential of inclusive economic growth. Stellenbosch, South Africa, 22-23 March.
5. Kleynhans, E.P.J. 2017. Intellectual capital of industrial sectors in South Africa. 83rd International Atlantic Economic Conference, Berlin, Germany. 22-25 March.
6. Theodore, N., Blaauw, D., Schenck, C. & Pretorius, A. 2017. Migrant day labourers in South Africa: Worker centres and the regulation of informality. Migrating out of Poverty: From Evidence to Policy conference. 28 & 29 March 2017, Brunei Gallery, SOAS University of London, London, United Kingdom.
7. Blaauw, P.F. & Pretorius, A.M. 2017. The impact of trade on stock market integration of emerging markets. 27th International Trade and Finance Association Conference, Poznań, Poland. 31 May-3 June.
8. Pretorius, A.M. & Nel, H. 2017. Exports and exchange rate risk: Analysing emerging market sectoral exports. 27th International Trade and Finance Association Conference, Poznań, Poland. 31 May-3 June.
9. Claassen, C. 2017. Occupational segregation in post-apartheid South Africa. International Association for Feminist Economics 26th Annual Conference, Seoul, Republic of Korea, 29 June-1 July. (Abstract)
10. Schenk, C., Blaauw, D., & Viljoen, K. 2017. Managing waste pickers on landfills in South Africa: considering policies and practices towards socioeconomic development. 20th Biennial International Symposium of International Consortium for Social Development, Joint conference of ICSD and ICSD European Branch. Zagreb, Croatia, 7-11 July.
11. Dyason, D. 2017. A university campus in a small city: Discovering which sectors benefit. 58th New Zealand Association of Economists Annual Conference, Wellington, New Zealand, 12-14 July.
12. Viviers, W. 2017. E-commerce and the digital economy: Challenges and needs in Southern Africa. Paper presented at the ICTSD Conference on Aid for Digital Trade: Needs and Responses. Geneva, Switzerland, 13 July. (Presentation)
13. Grater, S. 2017. Driving inclusive growth and enhancing intra-African trade through service sector development: Inclusive growth through services regulation. Paper presented at the WTO 2017 Public Forum. Geneva, Switzerland, 27 September. (Presentation)
14. Bezuidenhout, C., Matthee, M. & Rankin, N.A. 2017. Inclusive growth and wage inequality: The case of South African manufacturing exporters. Paper presented at the WTO Public Forum. Geneva, Switzerland, 28 September. (Presentation)
15. Bezuidenhout, H. 2017. Emerging markets global players: A comparison between the OFDI multinational of Brazil, China and South Africa. Paper presented at the Society of Interdisciplinary Business Research's Conference on Interdisciplinary Business and Economic research. Hong Kong, China, 30 September-1 October.
16. Mhonyera, G., Steenkamp, E.A. & Matthee, M. 2017. Evaluating South Africa's utilisation of sustained export potential in Sub-Saharan Africa. Paper presented at the University of Namibia's Sustainable Economic Growth and Social Development conference. Windhoek, Namibia, 18 October.
17. Orkoh, E., Claassen, C. & Blaauw, D. 2017. Corruption, political stability and illicit financial outflows in Sub-Saharan Africa. Paper presented at the 12th African Economic Conference (AEC), United Nations: Economic Commission for Africa. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, 4-6 December. (Presentation)