The BA Tourism Management programme offers nationally and internationally recognised modules that will enable you to become a tourism expert. The three-year programme will provide you with a solid foundation in the theory and practice of tourism management through the promotion of sustainable tourism development and management. It will also prepare you for a successful career in the tourism industry.
You will, among others, learn to:
- Evaluate information pertaining to sustainable living patterns, environmental responsibility and conservation within the tourism industry;
- Provide benefits to society and the economy by increasing self-employment, the ability to sustain micro-enterprises and the overall social and economic productivity;
- Work effectively with others by sensitising target groups such as young people, the unemployed and community members to the need for improved community living in terms of raising standards and addressing issues of redress and democratisation; and
- Demonstrate adequate knowledge and critical understanding of cultural and aesthetic sensitivity across a variety of social contexts.
To ensure a range of employment opportunities, you can choose between Development studies OR Communication modules that will expand your knowledge and skills over a period of three years.
- National Senior Certificate
- An APS of 20 and English at NSC Scale 4 (50-59%)
- A Senior Certificate with conditional exemption
- Evidence of recognition of prior learning
- An approved qualification obtained outside South Africa and evaluated by SAQA
Contact us if you have any uncertainties
For more than a decade, we have produced graduates who have made their mark in the private and public sectors. Some are business owners, entrepreneurs, professionals, directors, managers and many more.
Site of delivery
Contact Mr Nchoe (Faculty Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org