- 2018 Apr TBD: UARM Risk Culture Workshop
Note: Several of the photos have captions with only the names of the people in the photograph. Their organisation, role and relationship to UARM (at the time of the photo), can be viewed by clicking here.
Front: Dr Elisabeth Lickindorf, Dr Sonja Gilliland, Prof Hermien Zaaiman, Christine Bezuidenhout, Wilna Meiring, Kishen Padayachee
Back: Fred Goede, Neels Erasmus, Ane-a Harding, Eddie Lindeque, Vasie Naiker, Graham Baker
Absent Graduates: David Kalima
Wilna Meiring (right) with the prizes for both the Top Student and the Best Presentation from the UARM Graduate symposium. Click here to view a video interview with her.
- 2017 Mar 31: UARM Graduate Symposium - celebrating the achievers in the Graduates of 2016
- 2016 Sep 12: A leading expert in organisational culture, Professor Gert Jan Hofstede from the Wageningen University, conducts a workshop on the topic with the UARM team. The UARM research focus on risk culture is expected to benefit from this body of knowledge. Mr Fred Goede, senior lecturer at UARM, will be doing his PhD under Prof Hofstede on the topic "Safety culture in high risk industries - a sociotechnical approach"
Click here to view a video interview with Professor Hofstede on organisational culture.
- 2016 Apr 22: Graduation of first cohort of MARM students
In what has been described in a NWU news flash (read more here) as a momentous milestone, the first set of seven masters students graduated from the programme.
Front: Mr Neels Vermeulen, Prof Tinie Theron, Prof Linda du Plessis, Prof Herman van der Merwe, Prof Babs Surajlal.
Middle: Hedre Pretorius, Vaneshree Pillay, Bheki Ghutswa, Prof Hermien Zaaiman, Dr Sonja Gilliland, Chan Naidoo.
Back: Johan Grobbelaar, Graham Baker, Wandile Mazula, Fred Goede, Henry Cockeran, Prof Neels Erasmus.
Absent graduates: GS Naidoo and Leanne Williams.
- 2016 Apr 4: The first UARM Graduate Symposium
The top 4 students from the 2015 Graduates presented their researh to an open audience at IRMSA. Two trophies were awarded. The trophy for the Top Student over the duration of the programme was taken by Johan Grobbelaar. The trophy for the Best Presentation on the day went to Chan Naidoo.
Johan Grobbelaar recieves the trophy for best student amongst the 2015 graduates from Prof Herman van der Merwe
- 2015 Oct 30:
The UARM Master's Programme in Applied Risk Management was judged to be the winner of the "Education" industry specific risk inititaive. Read more
IRMSA has also officially endorsed the UARM Master's Programme - click here to view the endorsement.
- 2015 Jun 25: UARM meets with international experts in behavioural finance in support of the Centre's focus on behavioural risk - click here to read more.
- 2014 Sep: UARM is included as one of the flagship research projects in the "NWU Research Dynamics".
- 2014 Mar 6-8: The first intake for the Master's Programme in Applied Risk Management (MARM) contact sessions were held at the UARM venue.
Click here to read more on the background to the programme.
- 2013 Oct 4: UARM is a winner at the annual IRMSA (South African Institute for Risk Management) awards
The UARM Master's Programme in Applied Risk Management was judged to be the winner of two industry specific risk inititaives of the annual IRMSA awards, namely "Education" and also the "Overall Industry Specific Risk Initiative Special Award for Recognition of Exceptional Service"
Left to right: Henry Cockeran, Prof HermienZaaiman, Prof Linda du Plessis, Hermie le Roux, Dr Sonja Gilliland, Prof Wynand Grobler
Click here to view a document explaining the founding vision of the programme.
(Please note that some of the information on the programme has changed in the interim - refer to the NWU academic calendar for the current information)