Enactus is an international non-profit organization that brings together student, academic and business leaders who are committed to using the power of entrepreneurial action to improve the quality of life and standard of living for people in need.
- An annual series of regional and national competitions provides a platform for teams to showcase the impact of their outreach projects to be evaluated by executives serving as judges. National champion teams advance to the prestigious Enactus World Cup to represent their country.
- The power of entrepreneurship cannot be overlooked. In Africa entrepreneurship is believed to be the single most powerful agent for progress, whether economic, social or environmental. With entrepreneurs only accounting for a small percentage of our societies, they harness big ideas that have the potential to change world. With this in mind the student community of the North-West University became part of the global movement, in 2014, Enactus.
- Through this movement – which aims to bring together students, academics and business leaders, this international non-profit organisation create and implement various community empowerment projects around the globe. By doing so young people not only transforms lives, but is also aided in developing the kind of talent and perspective that are essential to leadership in an ever-more complicated and challenging world.
- The main denominator between the active participants – be it students, academics or business leaders, is that they are all committed to using the power of entrepreneurial action to improve the quality of life and standard of living for people in need in our community.
- The word ‘enactus’ represents three fundamental concepts, namely: ‘entrepreneurial’ (having the perspective to see an opportunity and the talent to create value from that opportunity); ‘action’ (the willingness to do something and the commitment to see it through even when the outcome is not guaranteed) and ‘us’ (a group of people who see themselves connected in some important way; individuals that are part of a greater whole).